Sunday, June 17 is Father’s Day – time to celebrate Dad! This year, plan something that’ll really impress him. Easier said than done, right? After all, Dads are difficult to shop for, and original ideas may be tough to come up with. For instance, do you really want to give another tie that will hardly ever be worn? Are you seriously going to buy him another pair of socks? And, how many golf balls does he need? Perhaps the traditional breakfast in bed will do the trick?
Well, the best gift you can give your dad is your time. So, why not treat him to an experience by heading out to one of the Father’s Day events happening throughout Vancouver this year, from Car Free Day street parties, live music and multiple festivals, hiking trips and fishing!
Below we have listed some ideas for you to make Father’s Day that little bit more special – and perhaps original – this year:
- Car Free Day: The Denman Street Car Free Day, Main Street Car Free Day in North Vancouver is not to be missed.
- Sasquatch Days: A community event that features war canoe competitions, indigenous cultural performances and a salmon BBQ in Harrison Hot Springs.
- BC Highland Games & Scottish Festival: A sports and cultural festival at Coquitlam’s Percy Perry Stadium.
- Lynn Valley Day: A community festival and parade in North Vancouver.
- A Day at the Beach: If the weather is good then a fabulous way to spend the day will be at one of Vancouver’s best beaches, including those in White Rock, Jericho, Kitsilano, Boundary Bay, Stanley Park and the list goes on.
- Go for a Hike: Take Dad and the family on any of Vancouver’s Best Hiking Trails at some of the region’s best parks.
- Take Dad Boating: Rent paddle boards, kayaks or canoes at Alice Lake, Cultus Lake, Deep Cove, Deer Lake or any one of numerous other places in Metro Vancouver and the surrounding area.
- Take Dad Fishing: Great fishing spots include North Vancouver’s Rice Lake, in West Vancouver off the pier at either Ambleside or Dundarave, or in any of the Lower Mainland’s other great waterfront locations.
One of the best ways of celebrating Father’s Day with Dad this weekend is by indulging in Church’s Chicken®. Our original and spicy fried chicken is freshly prepared throughout the day in small batches that are hand-battered and double-breaded – the best darn fried chicken in Vancouver! Three Cheers for Dad and Church’s Chicken!