Toronto is ready and thrilled to welcome The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair 2019. Every year, this winter fair welcomes thousands of visitors, all of whom are there to celebrate the best in agriculture, local food and equestrian competitions from across the country. The 2019 event marks the 97th year since the fair made its debut back in 1922.
This year, the event will be kicking off on the 1st of November 2019, and will run until the 10th of November 2019.
There is so much to look forward to at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair 2019. There is an array of attractions to look out for including the following:
- The Culinary Academy,
- The OLG Entertainment Stage,
- The kids’ AG-tivity Central, which is known for its educational, fun-filled programs,
- Spotlight on Local: Presented by Metro,
- The Ontario Toyota Dealers Rodeo,
- The Royal K9-Equine Relay, and much more.
Agriculture related events include livestock competitions (including cattle, goats, rabbits, sheep, etc.), the best butter tarts, cheeses, giant vegetables and, of course, the all-new face off to determine the best hot sauce, ice cream and ready-to-eat meat snacks.
As always, a number of livestock auctions will also be taking place. The 97th Royal will feature 6 auctions that offer the opportunity for bidders to purchase elite genetics, market meats and champion fleece and shawls. The auction schedule is as follows:
- Ontario Junior Swine Sale: Friday, November 1 @ 5:00 pm (Lower East Annex Show Ring)
- Elite Beef Breeds Sale: Saturday, November 2 @ 6:30 pm (Semex Ring of Excellence)
- Ontario Charolais Video Auction: Friday, November 1 @ 6:00 pm (Salon 103)
- Market Lamb & Market Kid Auction: Tuesday, November 5 @ 5:00 pm (Lower East Annex Show Ring)
- Sale of Stars (Dairy): Thursday, November 7 @ 1:30 pm (Semex Ring of Excellence)
- Fleece & Wool Auction: Sunday, November 10 @ 4:00 pm (Lower East Annex Show Ring)
You can get your tickets directly from the fair’s official website. Take note that you will need to purchase separate tickets for the fair itself and for the horse show, should you wish to attend.
Energize yourself with the best fried chicken in town before making your way to the fair. Choose Church’s Chicken! Contact us for more information today.