The 58th annual Toronto Outdoor Art Fair is set to take place from 12 to 14 June 2019. The event is the largest and longest-running outdoor art fair in Canada, and it takes place in the heart of downtown Toronto at Nathan Phillips Square.
The Toronto Outdoor Art Fair is a non-profit, charitable organization that is supported by volunteers and local communities. Each year, over 100,000 art collectors and enthusiasts attend the event. It is a vibrant and creative environment, and entrance is free. There will be over 360 emerging and established artists from a wide variety of disciplines. The event contributes to the prosperity of artists, with visitors spending over CAD$2-million on art.
There is also an Awards Program that is unprecedented and unique in North America. Close to CAD$40,000 cash and in-kind awards will be presented to artists during the event. Some of the awards include:
- The Catherine Bratty Award for Best of Art Fair*- $5,500 by Catherine Bratty.
- Founding Chairman’s Award*- $5,500 by Murray and Marvelle Koffler.
- The Mayor’s Purchase Award – Value of artwork by the City of Toronto. This award brings the winners’ artwork into the City of Toronto’s significant art collection.
- Best of Student* – $1,000 Marie Collins Memorial Award and Artscape Award – Includes: A residency at Artscape Gibraltar Point, exhibition at Artscape Youngplace, one-year membership to Artscape Daniels Launchpad (Value $4,000).
- Best of Painting – $2,000 by Brett Ledger & Patricia Olasker.
- Best of Photography and Digital Media – $2,000 by Toronto Image Works.
Artists will be available at their booths from 10 am to 7 pm throughout the exhibition. If you’re in need of some great food before or after the event, be sure to visit Church’s Chicken for the best fried chicken in Toronto!